Temos peržiūra
WarGames » Wargames - mass battle » Warhammer
Tactica Improvisada II - WHFB Tournament in Tallinn
Lakissov
Greetings to Lithuanian Warhammer players!

In Tallinn, we are making a Warhammer Fantasy Battles tournament called Tactica Improvisada II on August 1-2, and we would like to invite Lithuanian players as well.

We have also invited guys from Latvia to participate (they have already visited two tournaments in Tallinn, and we also went to Riga to participate in their tournament). Time to expand the friendship =)

Here is the information from the organizer of the event (Guardian on Estonian Warhammer forum):
---
The tournament will be hosted on the 1 and 2 of august in Tallinn at the Estonian Academy of Arts.

The place is in the center of Tallinn, 5 minutes away from the Old Town, and 10 minutes away from the Bus Station. The coordinates: 59°26'6.00"N, 24°45'29.00"E. There are many places around, where it is possible to have lunch during the lunch break.
---
The tournament will be 1999 points. Entry fee is 125EEK (27.6 LTL), it will be taken at the beginning of the tournament.

If the tournament will have <=14 players then the entire registration fee will go to the top 3 players (prizes). If the >14 players register then some of the fee might be spent on new tables and scenery.

Registration begins now! To register you must send a VALID army list to vihm35e@hotmail.com including your name. Army builder 3 files are ok. If you do not own army builder 3 then send the army list in a fail format that the organizer can open. Doc(x), xls(x) etc etc etc.

Currently we have no limit of players who can register and I am 99% sure that such a limit will not be needed. The registration will end on the 26.07.09. at 23:59! The organizer will start posting the names (not the armies) as people send me the lists on Estonian forum: http://www.warhammer.pri.ee/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1227. So you know if he has received your list or not. He will post the armies after the registration is closed. Also if an uneven number of people register then the last person to send their list will not be registered. He or she will be a backup (if they agree).

If someone cancels their registration during the last week then Guardian will try to find a replacement player. If none can be found then the player who registered last can’t play also as we need an even number of players. Guardian will let the person know at least 2 days upfront. So please don’t leave your registration to the last moment!

If for some reason someone cancels their registration on the eve of the tournament and no replacement can be found then. Then the Estonian player who shows up late for round one will not get to play. If all Estonian players are on time then the organizer will ask for volunteers if none exist then Estonian players will draw straws. Hopefully it will not come to that.

You can get up to 100p for battles, 20 points for painting and 20 points for knowledge test. In all you can get 140 points. If two players have the same amount of points then the organizer will firstly look at the score of the games where the players played each other. If that is a draw then who has more 20, 19, 18, etc etc marks. If all battle scores are the same then the organizer will look at the painting scores.
---
Schedule:

9.00 Arrival
9.30-12.30 Game I
12.30-13.30 Lunch NB! Leave your army on the table in an order!!!
13.30-16.30 Game II
16.30-17.00 Small break
17.00-20.00 Game III

9.30 Arrival
9.45-10.00 Test
10.15-13.15 Game IV
13.15-14.15 Lunch
14.15-17.15 Game V
17.15-17.30 Prizes and packing up

---
Army composition:

1999 points
No special characters
Only the official army books, no DOW

Scoring unit = units of non-flying non-skirmishing infantry with US5 or more (no raised/summoned units count as scoring). Knights of the Realm with 5+ models also count as scoring. Dryads and Beast Herds also score. When calculating US or models for the purposes of scoring, ignore any characters in the unit

Closed lists
---
Models

All models have to be assembled, and placed on proper sized bases

War machines don’t need to have a base; all measurements are made from the same point of the war machine, determined in the start of the game.

Breath weapons will be measured not from the mouth(s) of the model, but from the front of the base.

Painting is not required, but will be rewarded
Proxies are not allowed
---
Terrain

Terrain will be set by the organizer prior to the battle. One can expect 4-6 pieces of terrain on the table, out of which 1-2 can be special objects/buildings, and the rest woods, hills, swamps, cliffs etc. – distributed in different ways around the tables (i.e., some more, open, others with lots of cover; some with bottlenecks, others without)

Levels and Heights

- Hills have levels, which are represented by the levels that the actual model of the hill has.
- Forests count as level 3.
- Houses have as many levels as there are floors (models on 1st floor are on level 0, models on 2nd floor are on level 1 etc.)
- Large targets are all level 2
- Ordinary models are level 0

The Height of the model is equal to the sum of its level and the level of terrain it is on.
The Height of terrain is equal to its level, but the height of a house is never less than 2

To see if line of sight exists between two points, take the bigger one of their heights, and compare it to the maximum height encountered on the straight line between these two points. If the maximum height on this line is more or equal to the maximum height of the ends of the line, then line of sight is blocked; otherwise, it isn’t.

Example 1: a unit on the ground (height 0+0=0) is facing towards a large target on the ground (height 0+2=2) behind a level 1 hill (height 1); they can see the large target, because the hill’s height is lower than the height of the large target.

Example 2: the same situation, but the large target is hiding behind a one-floor building; the unit can’t see the large target, because the height of the house is 2, which is equal to the height of the large target. If the large target were on a hill, though, then the unit could see it. If the unit were on a level 2 hill, they still wouldn’t be able to see the large target behind the building (if the target itself is on the ground); if they were on a level 3 hill, though, they would.

Buildings

Buildings play as per the rules in the BRB. For avoidance of doubt, they are a type of terrain that restricts flying in/out (like woods)

Cover

For the avoidance of doubt, hills are not regarded as hard type of terrain (so, a model peeking from behind a hill, as described on Page 27 of the BRB, only gains soft cover). Cliffs, on the other hand (which are impassable), are hard type of terrain, and so are buildings, so they provide cover to models peeking from behind them

---
Scenarios

Five games played during tournament, hence five scenarios (all players play scenario 1 in first game, scenario 2 in second game etc.)

1. Attrition

Two armies have met for just one purpose: weaken the enemy as much as possible, destroying his most powerful combat threats even at the cost of their own lives

Each player gains Kill Points for units, for which he gets full VP (but no KP for units, for which he gets half VP).

Core = 1KP
Special = 2KP
2 for 1 Special = 1KP for each of the two
Rare = 2KP
2 for 1 Rare = 1KP for each of the two (HE RBT and eagles also award KP as if they were 2 for 1)
Character = 2KP (including characters that don’t require a character slot, like assassins)
Large target = +1KP to the usual ones (monstrous mounts per se don’t award KP, but if they are large targets, then they do award this 1KP)

Any unit that was a Scoring Unit in the beginning of the game and that doesn't award KP to the opponent, also reduces the KP the opponent has gained from other units by 1 (to a minimum of 0)

Every KP earned is worth 50 victory points in the end of the game

2. Destroy/Protect Supplies

Very valuable supplies are being guarded by one of the armies; the other army seeks to destroy them

The defender gets 3 resource markers
Assign resource markers to three scoring units (if you don't have 3 scoring units, then surrender the ones left over to the opponent).
Marker is surrendered to the opponent if the unit flees or seizes to be scoring.
Every marker is worth 200 VP in the end of the battle

3. Battlefield control

This area is logistically very important, so it is vital to secure it, for the good of the military campaign

Only scoring units can claim and contest table quarters.
Each table quarter is worth 250 VP

4. Guerrilla warfare

Each army tried to sneak on the other one, but was surprised to find out that this was also the plan of their enemies; both are caught off-guard

After deployment, D3 of your units of your opponent’s choice must be pushed back to the edge of the table and may not march 1st turn (and vice versa; it is not possible to choose scoring units or scouts for pushing back). Tunnelers, miners, gorgers, ambushers etc. are at -1 on their first attempt to enter play.

5. Objective control

One of the land marks on this battlefield is very important – either as a monument to give troops inspiration, as a place of arcane power, or as a pivotal defensive point for the military campaign

Each table has a piece of terrain acting as an objective (a building, a special object, a hill in the middle dominating the landscape – it is decided by the organizer before the game, which piece of terrain is going to be the objective for this scenario).

The objective can be controlled in the same way as a special object is controlled as per the rules for special objects in BRB, but with one exception: only scoring units are eligible to control the objective. The side that controls the objective in the end of the game, receives +400 VP

---
Scoring system

For each game played, the player will get some points. The points will depend on the outcome of the game and on the relative strength of the players. The procedure is as follows:

First the raw score for the battle is calculated, based on the outcome of the game and disregarding any differences in relative strength of the players. Then, the actual score is calculated by adjusting the raw score.

The raw score for a game for a certain player is determined using the following formulae:

Raw Score = 10 + Difference/200
Difference = Player’s VP - Opponent’s VP

Raw score belongs to the interval [0; 20] – if the formula result is below 0, then the Raw Score is 0; if it is more than 20, then the Raw Score is 20.

The actual score for a certain game for a certain player is determined using the following formulae:

Modified Score = Raw Score * Opponent’s Points Total / Player’s Points Total
Points Total = sum of the player’s Actual Scores for all games in the tournament
Actual Score = Modified Score * 20 / (Modified Score + Opponent’s Modified Score)

The last line ensures that the sum of Actual Scores gained by the two players for the game is 20.

The modified score makes sure that the player with a smaller points total will get proportionally more points for a certain result (getting a draw with a player that has performed better than you in a tournament will get relatively more points than getting a draw against a player whose overall performance was worse than your own)

A note for the mathematically inclined: you have probably noticed that the Actual Score is calculated based on the Points Total, while the Points Total is calculated based on Actual Scores for all games. This means that the Actual Scores and the Points Total are going to be calculated using an iterative process. In practice, this will be done in excel by using solver. Also, the Actual Scores for earlier games will change after each new game played, because the Points Total changes after each new game played.

In addition to points for games, there will be points for painting in the tournament. Although the tournament is positioned as a tournament which is all about generalship, the local specifics is such that the players need to be encouraged to paint their armies. The amount of points for painting is determined by the organizer using the following guidelines:
The army is unpainted: 0 points
The army is undercoated: 5 points
The army is painted and based: 10 points
The army is painted in one theme: +5 points (for wholly painted armies only)
The army has noticeable conversions and/or outstanding centrepiece miniatures and/or is painted very qualitatively: +5 points (for wholly painted armies only)

NB! VERY IMPORTANT! The painting will be judged on the lunch break of DAY1!!! and only then! So, after your Game I, set up your army on the table where you played last. So the judges will know whose army it is. Also by set up I mean. Set it up so that the judges can easily count your models and look at them. Leaving everything in a mess will result in 0p for painting. As the judges will have no way of counting your models to see that you have painted them all. If you want points for the conversions and you are afraid that the judges might miss them. Then do please leave a printed note on the table with our army to point out your conversions.

*Grudge games are ok in round 1. Just inform the organizer about them!

---

Also, some information from me (I’m not the organizer) about staying in Tallinn: I am able to host 1 person at my home, which is 10 minutes from the place where the tournament will be held. Also, I know one girl (also a WH player) who will most likely be able to host 1-2 persons at her place – but can’t guarantee that. Still, we will try to find places to stay for everyone that comes, at our (and other estonian WH players) homes.

If someone wants to stay in a hotel, then it is most likely possible to find hotels for 15-20 EUR per person per night (I haven’t made an extensive search, just glanced through hotels quickly). If someone intends to come and needs help with finding a hotel, contact me – I will gladly help.

So, we would be glad to see any of you here in Tallinn!

Also, if you have some questions, then you can ask them either at the Estonian forum (http://www.warhammer.pri.ee/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1227), or right here.
Redagavo Lakissov 2009-07-07 12:43
varnas
Post it on poland forums to they will be glad to hear
Hmmmmmm
Lakissov
Varnas, are you serious? Even for most guys from Lithuania the way seems too long - I really doubt that we would get any interest from Polish guys.
varnas
Well few moths ago i was in poland and they said they will be glad to come lithuania or estonia if there will be tournaments. So i guess atleast few players you definatly will get
Hmmmmmm
karlee
Maybe some polish players would be interested. Here is a link to Polish Warhammer Forum where Lakissov can make a thread about this tournament:

http://forum.wfb-pol.org/viewforum.php?f=24

I've read half of the rules and I must say that from the point of view of a organiser of tenths of warhammer tournaments: you can't predict if there will be even number of players. Simply ALWAYS something can go wrong for someone (a car breaks down, sickness, emegency at work or home :P) and in such case in Poland we usually do two things:
- every match one person with the least points skips the battle and gets 15 points for it

or

- if there are at least two referees then one of them can play with an emergency army (preferrably the weakest one you can get ;-) )

Anyways, I'm wainting for Lakissov to post tournament rules in english on our forum.

Cheers!
Lakissov
Thanks for the address, karlee - I have posted information on the Polish forum too now.

Also, it would be good to hear from Lithuanians if some of them are interested in visiting too.
karlee
So how about Estonian Tournament Zilvanas and Donatas ? Are you going ?

For now it is about 99% possible that at least one car from Bialystok will arrive
Lakissov
the organizer posted some more information on the Estonian forum:

Important things to remember!

The tournament room will be alcohol and smoke free!

Things what players need to bring to the tournament!

1) Models that you need for your army.
2) Dice
3) Tape measurer, measuring stick or any other thing that can be used to measure the distances in inches.
4) Glue (just in case something breaks)
5) Something non-alcoholic to drink. (it is summer and cool drink is nice)
6) Money for the registration (125-) and some money extra if you want to go to eat, etc etc.

Test
A great general needs courage and cunningness to win his battles. While courage comes from inner strength then cunningness is a combination of knowledge. Know your enemy, know your terrain, know your army. This years knowledge test will test your knowledge about your enemy! To win the battle with minimum losses you need a cunning plan and to come up with such a plan you need to know what your opponent has on the table and what they can do. The test will focus on different armies. About the units, magic items, special powers they have. So study up on your opponents armies and your own!

Guardian
varnas
I am still thinking
Hmmmmmm
karlee
Then stop thinking and start planning a weekend with warhammer and us
taulen
Well im not going thats for sure, i have money problem for the tournament
Lionberg
I have checked Estonian forum and there are only 8 people listed as registered yet. Are they all you got, or you keeping foreign participants in secret?
Lakissov
It seems that people are, as always, putting off the registration of rosters till the latest moment. According to my calculations, there will be around 20 people at the tournament.
varnas
I donno if i can come karlee have some problems with figures ;( ant to low time to get it.
Hmmmmmm