Temos peržiūra
WarGames » Wargames - mass battle » Warhammer
Warhammer Fantasy Battles 8 leidimas
Kronas
Taigi, jau yra ne tik gandų, bet ir vaizdų iš naujosios 528-ių!!! puslapių taisyklių knygos:

http://baddice.co.uk/new-warhammer-rulebook-pics-in-newsletter/

Šiek tiek daugiau nei mėnuo ir turėsim ką studijuot...
If you kill one man you are murderer.
If you kill ten you are a monster.
If you kill a hundred you are a hero.
If you kill ten thousand you are a conqueror!
Boyar Aleksandr of Kislev
spyglius
Šiek tiek gandų/žinių:

http://www.highelves.net/warhammer-8th-edition-out-in-july-here-are-rumored-changes/
blackfishas
insane.
Malifaux - The Guild
Infinity - Aleph (Steel Phalanx)
lostangel
heavy cavalery cant march!

teks bretonia deti i sona...
eina jie ...
WHFB games 4, 6, 7, 8 edicijos
Bretonnia 6000 pt
Demons of Chaos 8000 pt
For the Lady
spyglius
Čia dar tik gandai
uruk-hai
ir reikia pirmiausia bendra paveikslelis matyti. Maniau kad zaidimas vel bus daug idomiau. maziau power hammer;)
spyglius
Jo.... powergamint tai tikrai nelabai gausis. Pagrindinis žaidimas eis ant core unitų, kaip supratau, labai daug dėmesio bus skiriama artimom kovom. Rudolfai, o gal kartais pas tave rulebook'as atsiras šiek tiek anksčiau?
lostangel
o kai nera pestininku ir monstru, tai tikrai nelabai kokia perspektyva...
monstrai tai supratau uzturbinti kaip ir troliai, ograi - papildomi hitai, papildomas cr, rank bunusai...
ir magija uzturbinta 2d6 power dice, smagu vampyrams..
jau nekvepia power game ...

kagi kaip bus, bus matyt, turbut tex skolintis kita rase...:(
ir jeigu bus rulebukas pardavime tai paimciau tikrai...
Bretonnia 6000 pt
Demons of Chaos 8000 pt
For the Lady
null
Skaitant jūsų komentarus ir gandus apie tai, ką naujo žada aštuntasis leidimas, kol kas kyla mintis rašyti straipsnį "GW: The Way of Losing Fans" B)
Blogas apie stalo ir miniatiūrų žaidimus http://kauliukai.blogspot.com/
AKu
mand augelis rumorsu nepatinka.
power gamiongas isliks nes naujausi rumorsai sako kad bus 25%lordam ir 25% herojam atskirai!! tai powergamingas isliks.
mano manymu GW kur reikejo taisyt (heroju ir lordu pilnos armijos) netvarke o palio tapati jei nebaisiau (nes yra sakoma kad lordu skaicius nebus limituojamas kie uz 25% gali paimt tiek ir imk) o ten kur visas strategiskai buvo gerai visiskai sunaikinta (march blokai, normalus chargai, skirmisheriai, flyeriai) bus ivesta labai LABAI daug random....
Kauno "Legatas" klubo prezidentas.
Kreipkitės, padėsiu

X-wing: just Scum & no villains
Infinity: CA
Kronas
O man gandai patinka. Kas norės, tas sugebės powergeimint ir toliau, bet daug visokių naujovių bus, kas lems kitokį žaidimą, kitokį išsidėstymą, kitokias armijas.

Papildomos "crush attacks" ir 3 modelių rankai ograms - labai gerai.
Papildomi bonusai horde armijoms - labai gerai.
Šaudymas 2 eilėm - istoriška ir labai gerai, dings tos kvailos 10 modelių eilutės.
Sunkiosios kavalerijos apipjaustymas - gerai, galbūt pamatysim daugiau vidutinio sunkumo kavaleristų.
Procentinis armijos sudarymas - labai gerai, kaip minimum pamatysim daug daugiau core unitų.
Fear/terror autobreak'o panaikinimas - labai gerai.
Daugiau normalesnių scenarijų rulebooke - labai gerai.

O dėl magijos, random charge'ų ir antros linijos papildomų atakų - pagyvensim ir pamatysim gerai ar ne.
If you kill one man you are murderer.
If you kill ten you are a monster.
If you kill a hundred you are a hero.
If you kill ten thousand you are a conqueror!
Boyar Aleksandr of Kislev
uruk-hai
Cia paskutine 'rumours' update. Kam domina gali skaityti. Lost Angel apie tai kad heavy cavalery nebe gali marchinti kalba nebeeina. (Bent as neradau. )

ULF witnesses official 8th Ed Test Game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The much reviled ULF descends once more to share his wisdom with the masses, so put forth your questions foolish mortals.

I'll give a short summary of what I have learned, but I can't possibly think of all so fire away.

Forgot to mention that the parts in green, orange and red are from Grimstonefire's Sticky. He did most of the work, so I'll have to give credit. -.-

Please also keep in mind that I may have gotten some things wrong and that the rules were entirely new to the guy who did the explaining as well, so please forgive any mistakes that may be hidden here.

Okay, I can definitely confirm these:

Army construction is moving back to percentages.
Strength in Depth/ Stepping up (models may fight in 2 ranks)
Crush attack for larger creatures
40mm models moving to 3 model-wide ranks (?)
Multiple objective driven scenarios in the rulebook
Power dice aren’t generated by the number of spellcasters. The pool is decided by 2D6. Magic users add their magic level to the score rolled. All Wizards have a chance to generate more power dice.
All missile units fire in two ranks (not just High Elves).
Autobreaking from fear or terror is gone.
Combats are strictly decided in initiative order.

Warhammer 8th Ed Rulebook to be released July 10th
Possibly going to get the pdf erratas for all armies on July 6th
Introduction games for Warhammer 8th edition starting around May 22nd (only one scenario apparently)
Copies for Staff available early May

25% min core
25% lord 25% hero.

Infantry models in the second rank can fight, with a maximum of 1A per model. - Avian/Harry.
Most special rules apply as normal. however... Whatever combination of weapons/ special rules/ spells/ whatever, infantry can only ever attack with 1 attack per model in the second and subsequent ranks.
Spears +1 rank as normal, but one attack only (fighting in 3 ranks).
Spearelves may fight with an additional rank as normal (citzen levy).

This does not apply to Monstrous Infantry, who are rumoured to fight with their normal number of attacks from the second rank (more likely).

10+ wide units attack with one rank more than normal. There are no other requirements to be a Horde. - Avian

Stubborn
If you are only engaged to the front and have more ranks than the opponent, you are Stubborn. - Avian/Harry

Unit Strength
Unit Strength is completely gone, lots of things are altered to compensate for this. -Avian

Rank bonuses
Unchanged. Up to 3.

Monstrous Creatures
40mm models moving to 3 model-wide ranks. Ogre sized models are officially being put into their own size category (finally). (?)

Striking in Initiative order
Combat will always strictly be resolved in initiative order (confirmed).

Outnumbering Enemy
There will be no CR bonus for outnumbering the enemy.

Flank/ Rear charges & Combat Resolution
Units need to have at least 2 complete ranks in order to negate enemy flank/rear. (more likely)

Parry
The hand weapon & shield combination grants a 6+ Ward Save in combat to the front only. It provides no benefit if you are attacked in the flank or rear and does not work against impact hits and crush them/destroy them attacks. This replaces the +1 to Armour Save gained by fighting with HW & shield.

As ward saves do not stack normally, you won't get any benefit from Parry if you already have a better ward save. (?)

Terror comes with a chance to run away.

Autobreaking from fear or terror is gone.

However ASF + higher initiative than your enemy: Reroll to hit rolls. So even if Swordmasters and White Lions are striking in initiative order they may get re-rolls to hit!

Frenzy
You still get +1 attack. You may suppress charging with a leadership test. If you fail, you have to attack the closest target.

Magic Resistance
This has been changed to improve an existing Ward Save, or to grant a Ward Save to magic.

I can't confirm if MR stacks with already existing Ward Saves but also not discount it.

Magic Resistance 1 = +1 Ward Save against Magic. For a unit without a ward save this is 6+
Magic Resistance 2 = +2 Ward Save against Magic. For a unit without a ward save this is 5+
Magic Resistance 3 = +3 Ward Save against Magic. For a unit without a ward save this is 4+

MAGIC ITEMS

Apparently there is an absolutely HUGE list of magic items in the book… Could easily be 50+ (possibly 85). There is a chance you may not be able to duplicate most of them in a list.
10-20 items in each category.

Multiple objective driven scenarios in the rulebook
15 or so missions in the new rulebook.

Bonuses and hazards for terrain (such as rolling the dice to see how many people don’t make it out of the wood...). This appears to be D6 for every model, on a 1 a model is lost. This is only the tip of the iceberg…
Finding a magic item in the woods.

There are rules for dangerous terrain, and for some unit types different types of terrain are treated as dangerous.

Allied Forces

Forces of Order: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Empire, Dwarfs and Brettonia

Forces of Destruction: Chaos of any kind, Skaven, Greenskins, Dark Elves (edit. Vampire Counts may go here).

Neutral: Ogres and Tomb Kings

Categories for core/special/rare are remaining.
Special Choices: No more than 3 of the same type - Examples; No more than 3 units of Chaos Knights, or 3 units of Forsaken etc in the same army.
Rare Choices: No more than 2 of the same type - Examples; No more than 2 Hellcannons, or 2 Chaos Giants etc in the same army.

There will be a system wide errata to clear up issues for each army.
You may measure distances whenever you want.

Charging.
Infantry M1-M6 = Basic Movement value + 2D6
Fast Attack M7+ (Cavalry and fliers) = Basic Movement value + 3D6 (use 2 highest) (???????)
+1CR for charging. -Avian (more likely)

Marching.
Movement distance as normal. When there's an enemy within 8", the unit has to pass a leadership test to march. Not sure how this applies to Dwarfs.

Skirmishers
Skirmishers are now a fixed formation, with a 1 inch gap between each and every model. -
Still rank up in combat. May or may not have 360 Line of sight. (DON'T!)

MAGIC

Generating Power and Dispel Dice
Power dice aren’t generated by the number of spellcasters. The amount of dice is decided by 2D6. The active player gets the total as power dice and the other player the highest throw as dispel dice (throw 3+5, = 8 PD and 5 DD). (confirmed)

Channeling (confirmed that it exists)
Each wizard may roll a D6 and generate an additional power dice on a roll of 6.
Each enemy wizard may roll a D6 and generate an additional dispel dice on a roll of 6.
Maximum Power and Dispel Dice
Casting Spells
To cast a spell, roll 1 to 6 Power dice and add your caster's power level. EG: A Slann casts fireball and uses 2D6. He rolls a 3 and a 4 - score of 7. He than adds his Power Level of 4, which results in a total roll of 11.

Miscasting
Here is where I think we need a lot more information.
It is rumoured that miscasts are entirely gone, but are replaced by a combined irresistible force/ miscast table effectively:

When you roll a double 6 the spell is cast with irresistible force, but the Caster has to roll on the "lost control" chart, which is devastating, and far more worse than the current miscast table.

Determining Spells
Each lore now has 7 Spells. One Basic Spell and other spells numbered 1 - 6.

(As far as I have heard the 'basic' spell of each Lore is in addition to the normally generated spells, much like Invocation of Nehek for Vampire Counts).

Most spells generally have a basic and an up-powered version (more likely) – Avian

If a wizard fails to reach the casting value it is not a miscast

Spells are now categorized.

SHOOTING

Bows fire in 2 ranks as standard.
Units armed with bows, short bows and longbows fire in two ranks.

All missile troops fire from 2 ranks, but only bow type weapons have the salvo fire rule.

Salvo Fire
A rumour I heard a while back was that units with bows (see above), could fire with more than just 2 ranks. What I am being told now is that regardless of the width of the unit, a unit with bows may shoot with an additional half a rank for every rank behind the 2nd. I.e. 12 models wide, 3 ranks (36 models). 12 front rank, 12 2nd rank, 6 3rd rank = 30 shots.

True Line of sight
Units draw true line of sight. You are considered in cover when shot at through another unit, granting a -1 or -2 penalty on to hit rolls. Note that someone else has said this is more likely as well.

War Machines
Weapons using the flame template or large or small blast templates automatically hit any model in contact rather than cause partial hits. If you are touched, you are hit. -Avian and someone else, so I'm considering this confirmed now

War Machines: There'll be no guessing anymore. You place the template (or point of impact) where you want the weapon to hit and roll normally for scatter.

Other things:

Killing Blow
Killing blow only against models in a similar size category or lower (large creature>ogre sized> infantry/cavalry sized)
(edit: apparently this is close, but not quite right). Killing blow is still a roll of 6.

Apparently still works as normal. There is something called a Heroic Killing Blow that will deal with larger things like Ogres.

Discarded:

One Save.
A model can always take an armour save. They can then take either a ward save or a regeneration save.

Saves still work the same way they did in 7th.

Terrain
Difficult terrain may be merged with very difficult.

From what I gather difficult terrain has been done away with entirely.

Cavalry still only fight in 1 rank.

Apparently not true; however the mounts in the back rank may not fight.

My own:

Scenarios are a big part of the game but it will still be possible to play normal pitched battles.

The turn sequence remains the same. Movement, Magic, Shooting, Combat.

The scenario I've seen had a piece of terrain in the middle, a Chaos temple. Before the beginning of the game it was rolled who was in charge of the place. The army that rolled higher on a D6 was entitled to put one of their Core Units there before the beginning of the game. The objective was to have any (not just Core) unit there at the end of the game in order to win. The Chaos Temple allowed for 'sacrificing' the soul of a Champion/Character for random stats boost (or, on the roll of 1, a quick and painful death.)

There were mystical woods that contained unknown dangers (or possibly rewards). What exactly a wood does is rolled the first time a unit peeks its nose in there and it will retain this property for the rest of the game. For example, if a unit inside a specific wood is target of a spell, it takes a dice roll's amount of (S6?) hits, and the wood moves away in a random direction.

Allied Rules:
I didn't pay much attention since my interest was in the core rules. However I got the confirmation that there are three factions, Order, Destruction and Neutral.
Then there are three categories of allies: The good, the bad and the ugly which reflects the likeliness of the two armies joining forces. These categories may or may not depend on the faction you belong to. Depending on the quality of your allies, the synergy will be affected. For example good allies you'll treat muchly as friendly troops while ugly allies will apparently slightly interfere with your army whereas bad allies can be downright bad. For example when you flee through bad allies it is treated as moving through dangerous terrain, likely inflicting damage to your unit to the point that it may be wiped out.
Dark Elves and Skaven have an added twist; no one really trusts these guys. Independent from how the alliance starts out, a die must be rolled on the beginning of every (friendly?) turn (don't know the exact details on this), and if the dice roll was detrimental the diplomatic ties will deteriorate, resulting in a downgrading of the alliance status and therefore the army synergies.

There are no other restrictions on characters other than the aforementioned 25/25 so it is entirely possible to have entire 'units' made up of cheap Heroes, for example Skaven, Gobbos or Skinks. Not sure if I like that though.

Magic has seen a major boost; the basic Lores have changed completely and are far more devastating now to rival those of the most powerful army books and prone to affect gameplay greatly. On the downside the 'loss of control' chart is said to be just as devastating and can possibly wreck all your wizards at once, not only the one who lost control. I witnessed a (debuff) spell from Lore of Beasts that could be cast on 2 different power levels (I think it was 10 and 13) and conferred negative modifiers to shooting and possibly other stats to the target unit. In addition it would count as being in dangerous terrain if it would move. Lore of Heavens will recieve a spell that is 'like' Comet of Cassandora, so apparently very similar in effect.

Dangerous Terrain seems to work as rumored; every model in the unit needs to roll a D6 and take a wound on a roll of 1. This rule is apparently thought to be a major threat to fleeing units along the lines of the current 'popping', though I'm not entirely sure on the details.

For those who don't know about True line of Sight:
Lower your head while keeping the spears away from your eyes and see what they can see. No more terrain levels. Yes, this means that woods no longer grant a 'per se' visual cover. Shooting at a partially obscured unit in a wood will be at hard cover modifiers.

US has been entirely discarded. There is no more outnumbering and therefore no autobreaking from Fear/outnumbering.

Terror's Aura is gone; apparently it works now like a stronger form of Fear that may cause running away.

Apparently Fast Cavalry may make a free 12" move at the beginning of the game. This may or may not allow for first-turn charges of carelessly placed War Machines.

Changes to CR:
As noted there is no more outnumbering while charging confers a +1 on CR. As for calculating rank bonus now only ranks you have actually left over after the fight count in this regard, no longer those you had at the beginning.

Magic Items:

Staff of Channeling (Wizard channels additional PD at the roll of 5+ instead of 6)

Screaming Blade:
Bearer causes Fear (like that wasn't a standard item in every army anyway)

Potion of Strength:
20 points, +D3 S for one turn

Potion of Toughness:
20 points, +D3 T for one turn

(I think Teclis might like these)

When you destroy an enemy unit you can apparently either overrun or immediately reform to face the direction of your liking. This will go great lengths at improving mobility of units.

Skirmishers do now have flanks and rear like like ranked units and normal non-360 degrees view. They shoot normally from 2 ranks. However when not charging they may reform on the move as often as they wish and also MARCH AND SHOOT!!!!!

Note that while now fighting in a 'semi-formation', Skirmishers still get no rank bonus.

Since Unit Strength is gone, it can no longer be used to negate rank bonus. Instead you need a unit that has at least 2 ranks to do so. This means that cavalry as currently fielded will not break ranks.

With fighting in 2 ranks, spears, 10+ models rule and HE bonus it means that HE Spearmen will be able to strike from 5 ranks. Ouch. So much for the doomsayers that saw the army ruined. Maybe the humble HE Core will see more action soon...

Alright, I managed to squeeze a few more details out of a Redhirt. Here goes:

Characters:
Indeed I do confirm now that they are 25% Heroes and 25% Lords and there are no other restrictions, so multiple Lords (like double Slann) are legal.

Update on Impact Hits:
Apparently that was a misunderstanding. Impact Hits are to stay; 'monstrous infantry' and mo0nsters get the stomp attacks in addition.

Frenzy:
Frenzy charge can be restrained on a Ld test. Frenzy always grants +1 attack, not only on the charge.

Fear:
I got the confirmation that Fear is indeed tested every turn and does nothing beyond reducing enemy's WS to 1 if Ld test is failed.

Skirmishers:
Alright. Here's what I learned: Skirmishers must be deployed in a diamond pattern like this, with 0,5" spaces between bases.

Code:
O O O O O
O O O O
O O O O OHowever this does only 'indicate' that they fight in loose formation. Should they engage an enemy they will close ranks and form a normal block formation. However this does still not allow them to gain rank bonus or break ranks in the flank. I was again told that they do NOT have 360° view and may march and shoot. They're still at -1 to shoot.

Failed Charge:
Should the distance rolled not suffice to reach the enemy the unit moves up its basic movement value.

Magic:
I got some more information on this:

- Apparently spells are still rolled for as always, but I do not know when you have to decide the Lore your character uses.

- Dice roll of <3: If you roll a 1 or 2 when casting a spell, the spell automatically fails regardless of modifiers and the wizard may no longer cast this turn. This probably explains a lot of rumors we had. Unlike miscast this is not triggered by double 1, so if you use three or more dice to cast you're completely save from this rule.

- Bound Spells do no longer come with the necessary energy to cast themselves but are now like additional spells you know and have to cast from your own pool to match the casting value. Note that there are items that have regular Lore spells bound within, albeit with a much lower difficulty level than the regular spell.

- There is indeed a cap on dice and it works as following: At no point of the magic phase there may be more than 12 power or dispel dice in the pool, so if you roll 12 for power dice there is no point in attempting to channel additional dice. However other effects may still be used to replenish the power dice pool later on once some dice have been used, like Dark Elves' spell and Lore of Death's effects. I do not know however how this works in conjunction with the Slann's extra dice and this will possibly be addressed in the erratum
Eriukas
turetu buti smagu!!!:p

o del bretonu, tai nemanau, kad jie liks nuskriausti. siaip ar taip, tai ju army bookas jau bus pritaikytas naujai edicijai
lostangel
kagi lauksim, bus matyt!
Bretonnia 6000 pt
Demons of Chaos 8000 pt
For the Lady
Grahg the Elfmuncher
Visai nieko pakeitimai, vienintelis dalykas kas man tikrai nepatinka tai kad charge'ai dabar yra random atstumo.
Redagavo Grahg the Elfmuncher 2010-05-30 12:11
uruk-hai
Grahg the Elfmuncher parašė:
Visai nieko pakeitimai, vienintelis dalykas kas man tikrai nepatinka tai kad charge'ai dabar yra random atstumo.

War of the rings taisykles irgi turi random atstuma ir man tai visai patinka. Daug daugiau intrigu ir netiketumu;)
varnas
Juokingai pasirode You may measure distances whenever you want.

To lostangel. Jei tu nenaudoji savo pisoku tai nereiskia kad ju nera ar jie yra shoodas. Kaip as ir mensonas jau nekarta irode pas bretonus cavalerija gali buti tik suportas o ne main forsas.
( Jei kazkas tuo netiki galiu parodyt per betla kol nauja edicija neuzpuole )
Seip isviso kiek apsnekejom dar su vienu kriosena kaip as apie sekancia edicija. Tai kiek gandu girdejom turetu pataisyt wh i geraja puse.
Beje kas del powergamingo. Visada jo buvo ir bus cia faktas. Del dvieju paprastu priezasciu. 1. GW reik uzdirbti. 2. Visada galima surasti taisykles apejima arba sugalvoti kazka ko kiti nepamaste
Hmmmmmm
varnas
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253845
Redagavo varnas 2010-05-31 09:34
Hmmmmmm
Probe
Na, tematau, kad lyginant su 6->7 pasikeitimais, 7->8 bus daug drastiskesnis. I gera ar i bloga, kol kas neaisku, nors asmeniskai man kol kas nelabai patinka ka skaitau.

to varnas: su bretonu pestininkais tai vienok perlenkei :). Bent jau visu 7ed armybooku sviesoje. Jie yra, juos galima ir smagu naudoti, bet tikrai noreciau pamatyti kaip tu kariauji (ta prasme kaip rimtai bandai laimeti, o ne tik tikiesi, kad pasiseks su kaulais), su bretonu pestininkais "as main force". Kad ir pries paprasta Empire, nebutinai DoC.
Nebent tu "main force" vadini 3-5 archeriu burius (2000+ battle), uz 180-300 tasku, o juos "supportini" su charais, pegasais, lance'ais ir trebushetais?
Figurelemis pestininku gali gautis ir daugiau nei nepestininku, bet bukim saziningi, kas cia ka supportina
varnas
Visalaik galim suzaist is bonkes Ir paziuret kas kaip
P.S. Nezinau kiek zaides tu su bretonais o as ir laimejes tarpatautini turnyra su jais esu laimejes Aisku laimet turnyra su pestininkais butu sunku pakankamai ...
Bet betliuka kita tikrai gali karst kailius
Hmmmmmm